May 1 - 16 YTT 200 with Jackie Gladney
Vinyasa Goddess 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Isla Mujeres
Trainees get an extensive look at classical yogic and Buddhist philosophies, asana, pranayama, functional and energetic anatomy.
We practice twice a day, journal, dive into different meditation practices and find our teaching voices. But more than all of that is the lifelong relationships that are fostered in our empowering environment.
For the first time this teacher training program is being offered away from our home base in the Minnesota cold and traveling to sunny Mexico. We can’t wait to go on this journey with you!
Energy is Everything One of the most exciting things about living in this time is that the discoveries of quantum physics and new science are in harmony with what the yogis have been teaching for thousands of years: everything is energy.
This module goes in depth into energetic anatomy and covers
• The master of Breath-Pranayama techniques to control the body and mind
• How to use breath while teaching yoga
• Energetic Bodies
• 7 different energy clearing techniques
• Ayurveda and how to use this science to teach yoga.
Sessions are one weekend a month intensive and one evening a week.
Anatomy of Yoga Working with what you got: the anatomy and physiology of yoga. You'll learn
• Basic anatomical positions and terminology
• Anatomical terminology for joint motion
• Muscles and bones, connective tissue, lymphatic system, vascular system, nervous system
• Asana analysis - joint position and muscle engagement. application of anatomical knowledge to practice
• Injury prevention
• Recommended at home exercises
Methodology: Teachers in training will learn the qualities of a good teacher, how to cue breath and movement and the business of yoga. You’ll learn.
• Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
• How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
• Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
• Teaching styles
• Qualities of a teacher
• The student learning process
• Business aspects of teaching yoga* (including marketing and legal)
History and Philosophy The Evolution of Yoga: History and Philosophy. Where does yoga come from? Together we’ll navigate using maps and a timeline to uncover where yoga began and how the practice evolved into what we do today. You’ll be introduced to key figures that have played a role in yoga’s history and discover how yoga practice is a part of Buddhism, Hinduism and a multi-billion dollar a year industry in the western world. You'll learn
• Where yoga started, the where, when and how it transitioned.
• About the vedic age and study the vedas.
• The message of the Bhagavad Gita. The three gunas, and the yogic paths. "
• The Life and Teachings of The Buddha
• The Buddhist 10 stages of Meditation
• 3 Mindfulness Meditation techniques
• Patanjali’s Eight Limbs
• Hatha Yoga Pradikipa
• How yoga made its way to the west.
• Important teachers you'll learn about: Lahiri Mahasaya, Yogananda, Bishnu Gosh and Bikram. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya, B.K.S. Iyengar, Indra Devi, and K. Pattabhi Jois. Baron Baptiste, Shiva Rea and other noteable teachers and styles in fushion yoga.
Jackie Gladney has over 10,000 hours of teaching and studying experience. Some people say this makes her an expert but she feels like an expert beginner is more like it.
She is an ERYT 500, has completed 10 yoga teacher trainings and has facilitated 15. Jackie loves to create. She is the founder of DharmaCycle Yoga, a hot yoga, barre and cycling studio which she sold in 2018. She is the founder of a Registered Yoga School and has created successful yoga, barre and cycle teacher trainings. She truly lives the yogic path and has a talent sharing it with her students. She geeks out about anything yoga; anatomy, alignment, sanskrit, history, philosophy and energy. She has found that she has limitless energy for all things yoga. Many forms of meditation take years of diligent practice before you can feel any results. That's just too slow for Jackie. She loves energy work and yoga because you can feel instant results from practice and has dedicated her life to studying and teaching energetic and yogic techniques to beginners and very experienced teachers.